Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Abe

Today is the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln, so as you go through your day, do your part to be thankful for his legacy. It is still relevant today.

In rememberance, some Whitman:

from "When Lilacs Last In the Dooryard Bloom'd"

O how shall I warble myself for the dead one there I loved?
And how shall I deck my song for the large sweet soul that has gone?
And what shall my perfume be, for the grave of him I love?
Sea-winds, blown from east and west,
Blown from the eastern sea, and blown from the western sea, till there on the prairies meeting:
These, and with these, and the breath of my chant,
I perfume the grave of him I love.

For those interested, find and read the rest, and then check out "O Captain! My Captain!" as well.

No comments: